Oskar Stål, CTO, Spotify
Spotify is an award-winning digital music service that gives you on-demand access to over 20 million* songs, wherever you are. Our dream is to make all the world’s music available instantly to everyone. Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage and share music with your friends, while making sure that artists get a fair deal.
Music is one of the most social things there is. That’s why for the past couple of years, we’ve been obsessed with what the next generation music service should look like.
We knew that the service had to be free to draw people away from piracy. Helping them to listen to even more music. To do that, we also knew that the service would have to be inherently social. There couldn’t be a better place to do this than Facebook.
From now on, everyone can listen to Spotify while they’re on Facebook. Now you can see what your friends are listening to, and hit play to hear their tracks instantly.
Some fast figures
- Paying subscribers: Over 5 million
- Active users: Over 20 million**
- Ratio of paying subscribers to active free users: Over 20%
- Labels signed to Spotify: Over 300,000
- Revenue paid to rights holders since launch: $500m
- Number of songs: Over 20 million*
- Number of songs added per day: Over 20,000
- Number of playlists: Over 1 billion created so far
- Spotify is available in: 17 countries - USA, UK, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Germany, France, Spain, Austria, Belgium, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and Luxembourg.